Sunday, April 1, 2012

Keepin' Busy! Plus, Lemon Berry Loaf Recipe

I promised myself I wouldn't keep myself so busy this deployment, but I just can't help it!

Lets recap what fun things I did last week.

I made a duvet cover for Little Miss's toddler bed.


It was very easy, just alot of pinning! I found the tutorial over at Prudent Baby, she does an amazing job at this how-to for multiple size beds. It was actually cheaper for me to make this duvet cover than to buy one at the store!

Hubs made his first port of the deployment and he even sent us a picture with his Duffy the Disney Bear.


Doesn't he look like he is having fun? I would be lying if I said I wasn't a teensy bit jealous that he was able to see Athens...

We were able to Skype and it was great. Little Miss was so excited, she couldn't wouldn't stop talking. I hardly had a chance to talk to him myself!

I also got to meet some new additions to our Play Group: One of the momma's had her twins a few weeks ago and now they are finally home! They are so cute and tiny, AHHH baby fever is going into overdrive!

Little Miss also had an Easter egg hunt yesterday at a friends' birthday party. I even made the bow that matched her dress!


Finally, I made this yummy Lemon Berry Loaf. I will leave you all with the recipe!


Makes 16 Servings

1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
2 tbsp. lemon extract
1 egg
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen, just don't unthaw!)
2 tbsp. grated lemon rind
1/2 cup lemon juice

Preheat the over to 350. Coat a 9x5x3-inch non-stick loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix the oil, 2/3 cup sugar, lemon extract, egg, and egg whites. In a separate, small bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the milk, stirring just until blended. Fold in the blueberries and lemon rind.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Immediately poke holes at 1-inch intervals on the top of the bread. In a small saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave oven, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon juice, heating until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the bread. Cool, and slice to serve.

From "The New Holly Clegg Trim and Terrific Cookbook" 





No comments:

Post a Comment