Friday, August 10, 2012

Autumn, Football Season, and Homecoming!

Summertime is starting to wind down, the kiddos started back at school here in Louisiana. NFL preseason football started up this week too. There is nothing this girl loves more than LSU football, and they are ranked #1 in many of the preseason rankings! 

I have plenty to look forward to. Fall is my favorite season by far. I love the crispness of the air, the colors of the leaves changing. We are now 5 months into this final deployment and each day that passes is a day closer to Homecoming! I am starting to pull together my carefully selected outfit and accessories for that special day. I am hoping to make Little Miss her dress, unless of course I find something cuter than I can sew. 

I can hardly wait to wear my boots again! I have been working on having a wardrobe that is more interchangeable with pieces that will transition from late summer to fall. Dresses that were cute for summer will pair nicely with leggings with boots in cooler weather. Top it all off with a belted cardigan and voila!, an outfit that goes from summer to fall. Target is clearing out alot of their summer stuff right now. I snagged a cute dress, a long skirt, and tee for under $30. They all work well with my new favorite piece of clothing: a chambray shirt. Check out what I am talking about:


Go check out her blog, this was her "Chambray Shirt Project". She also does project with red jeans, green jeans, and a gingham shirt. I picked up my chambray shirt today at Old Navy and I can hardly wait for the weather to cooperate so I can try out some of these looks!

But alas it is still summertime and I still have plenty to do. I have the half marathon in less than a month, I will be running 10 miles on Sunday as part of my training oh goodness wish me luck! All this training should keep me busy enough to pass the time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment