Saturday, March 2, 2013

Recipe: Creamy Crockpot Ranch Chicken

Slow cookers have to be one of the top 10 inventions of all time, seriously. Did you know that you can hook up your slow cooker to one of those timers you use for your Christmas lights so it will turn on and off after a certain amount of time?!

I have not been feeling 100% lately and the last thing I want to do is stand in the kitchen preparing a meal. I love that I can throw all (or most) of the ingredients into the cooker then walk away for a few hours. So I wanted to share my favorite slow cooker recipe with ya'll!

A friend shared this recipe with me about 2 years ago and my husband still requests it. I actually had a friend email me a few weeks back and ask for the recipe too!




Creamy Crockpot Ranch Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 can cream of chicken soup

1 8oz. package of cream cheese
1/2c. chicken broth
1 (1oz) packet of ranch dressing mix
1/4tsp minced garlic
1 dash paprika (I use lots!)
1/8 tsp dry oregano
1/4 tsp dry parsley flakes

Wash & dry chicken breasts and place them evenly in the crock pot. Sprinkle with paprika and ranch mix. Drizzle 1tbsp melted butter over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours. Melt remaining 1tbsp butter with minced garlic and saute lightly. Add cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, chicken broth, oregano, and parsley. Stir until smooth. Add mixture to crock pot, cook on low for 1-1.5 hours. 


Super easy, I usually have the ingredients on hand, and it tastes great! I serve it over rice and Hubs is in heaven. Of course I usually try to keep it healthier by using low sodium/fat free broth, low sodium cream of chicken soup, and fat free cream cheese. Shhh don't tell Hubs!

  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment