Sunday, April 21, 2013

eShakti Dress Review

As the cloud of morning sickness slowly starts to lift away, I remember that I have a blog to keep up with! 

Sorry guys for the hiatus I have been feeling extraordinarily like crapola for the last few weeks and haven't had the energy to do much of anything. So back to this whole blogging thing...

Remember back in February when I announced on my Facebook page that I was chosen by eShakti to review one of their customized dresses? It arrived in the mail right before my trip to Disney World so I decided that it would have to wait until after our vacation then I would write a review. I tried it on, it fit really well so what difference would 2 weeks make? When 2 weeks turned into 3, 4 weeks, then I noticed something. 

Crap, I'm now too pregnant to wear this dress

So I had to call in reinforcements because I gave this wonderful company my word that I would review this dress.  I have a friend who is a similar size, the dress is totally something I could see her wearing, and I told her if she agreed to let me photograph her for the review that she could have the dress!

I was first introduced to eShakti from another blogger. She was hosting a giveaway and after checking out the website, I was just had to enter. You see, eShakti is different from other clothing sites out there. You have the option to completely customize your dress, meaning you put in your measurements and they will tailor the dress to your numbers. There are also options to make a sleeveless dress a halter top, add/remove pockets, you can make short sleeves longer (or go sleeveless!), and even adjust the height of the hem. They do have standard sizing from 0-36W and if you order a standard size, they list those measurements as well. It takes all the mystery out of ordering online, you no longer have to wonder if it will fit because the dress can be customized just for you.

Imagine my surprise when I actually won the giveaway! I immediately knew what occasion I would order the dress for: Homecoming! So I picked out my dress, put in my measurements, and had the dress at my doorstep within 2 weeks. The fabric was a great quality, I was impressed.

So when eShakti asked me to review a dress on my blog, I had to oblige. The ordering process was just as simple this time. I submitted my measurements. I added pockets. I changed the dress from strapless to a halter top and I made the hem hit slightly above my knee. The dress was here in no time and the quality of the dress was just as great as the first dress I ordered. 

   
I daresay, I think the dress looks way cuter on her than it did on me! I picked this dress because it makes for the perfect spring or summer dress, for picnics, BBQs, or whatever fun get together the warmer weather brings. You can totally dress it up with a cardigan, skinny belt, and wedges or throw on a pair of flip-flops to run out the door!

I can't say enough how much I love the ability to customize their clothing. They now have bridesmaid dresses available as well as tops & skirts. Did I mention the first time you order, your customization is free?! 

Check out their website, they change up their clothing quite often and run specials frequently! They are definitely my "go to" when I am looking for a dress for a special occasion.
 
 





 

 













No comments:

Post a Comment