Wednesday, June 13, 2012

So Yummy, So Yummy!

Thanks to my addiction to Pinterest, I have been trying out some new healthy recipes. I tried two new ones this week: Southwest turkey meatballs and an avocado, tomato, and sprout sandwich with creamy chive spread. 



They look yummy right?!

I discovered the recipe for the southwest turkey meatballs at SkinnyTaste, check them out they have lots of healthy recipes that look easy and delicious! I used my small ridged baker from Pampered Chef to cook the meatballs, they turned out fantastic and it only took 15 minutes to bake! I love cilantro and even though these are considered "southwest", they were not spicy at all. In the original recipe they have creamy cilantro dipping sauce for the meatballs. I didn't prepare the dipping sauce this time, I just ate the meatballs with steamed veggies. 

This recipe was very simple to make and I could definitely see myself making this for a potluck!


For the sandwich, you can find the original recipe here at KeepItSkinny!

Instead of using two pieces of bread like a traditional sandwich, I just threw everything on a whole grain sandwich flat. I used reduced fat cheddar cheese instead of pepper jack, it still tasted amazing. 

I love finding new ways to use greek yogurt, I am just amazed at how versatile it is! By itself, I do not care for the taste but when you mix it into stuff it tastes great. Plus its so much healthier than mayo, sour cream, and all that stuff.


What I really liked about both of these meals: They actually filled me up! I hate when "eating healthy" means starving yourself and eating tasteless food. For sure I will be making both of these again, if Hubs is lucky I will make them for him when he gets home :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment