Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A few of my NEW favorite things!

I am always willing to try out new makeup and hair products that have rave reviews. I recently added two more "must haves" to my beauty routine and I had to share!

Dry shampoo has to be one of my favorite hair products. I have thin hair and I hate to wash it every day because I color it so the ends get dry, the color fades, all sorts of problems obviously. I have been using Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo for a while now, but it makes my hair feel gunky and full of product. While wasting time in Target one day, I came across Dove Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo and I wanted to try it out.

I will never use another dry shampoo again, this is by far the best one I have ever used! It does a great job of refreshing my hair and taking away the oiliness. I have no problems with styling after using this product, its just like I washed my hair. It feels so light and cool, after spraying it in my hair I could run my fingers through and it didn't feel gunky. The smell is so refreshing! If I didn't love it so much for my hair, I would use this as air freshener in my house.


This summer I purchased a Sun Safety Kit from Sephora. Inside this kit were about 15 different deluxe, sample sized products. One of them was Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45. I have been seeing commercials for BB creams and had no clue what they were, so I was excited to finally sample a BB cream to see what all the hype was about. 

What is a BB cream? Essentially it is makeup and skincare in one cream. Its really big over in Asia and from what I've read that is where "true" BB creams come from. Its not quite tinted moisturizer, full coverage makeup, or a treatment serum. Rather its a combination of all of the above! 



Dr. Jart's Premium BB makeup features "A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, this all-in-one product also includes advanced brightening properties...natural looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity."

I absolutely LOVE this BB cream! Its definitely a medium coverage and it applies so smoothly. After wearing it all day, it doesn't settle into my pores or fine lines (eek!). It provides a fantastic, even coverage and easily disguises my uneven skin tone. Another plus, my face doesn't feel gross or oily after wearing this all day. When I wash it off, my face doesn't feel dry or suffocated from wearing it all day. I also love that a little bit goes a long way with this product. What is even better, this BB cream only comes in one color! I was afraid of this at first because I am so pale, most of the time that "one shade fits all" ends up being too orange and dark on me. This was not the case with Dr. Jart's BB cream, this shade blended perfectly into my skin.

Some things are just too good to keep to myself, I just had to share these great finds!





1 comment:

  1. OMG! I am equally obsessed with Dr. Jart BB cream. I really like the Samshbox BB Cream too, but I feel like Dr. Jart nailed it.

    ReplyDelete