Friday, October 12, 2012

Read My Lips...

When it comes to my makeup, I feel fairly confident when I try out new things except for one: lipstick. Meaning I know what works and what doesn't work but lipstick is a mystery to me. 

I've tried quite a few and I haven't found "the one". I have a tendency to bite my bottom lip and constantly wet my lips. Therefore, lipsticks just don't stay put. I've tried the kinds that are supposed to last all day, they just make my lips feel dry, so I lick my lips more, then I end up with no lipstick on the center of my mouth only the outside edges remain. Not a very attractive look. Most of the time, I just throw on lipgloss and call it a day. I carry a few different ones in my purse...



Philosophy Kiss Me Lip Balm - Red

Don't let the color worry you, it adds just a touch of color. Plus it has spf 20 and it have a nice minty scent! It isn't sticky and feels very conditioning on my lips. 


C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

My sister turned me onto this product. Not only is it an great lip balm, you can use it on your skin and cuticles. Its nice that this salve is so versatile, especially in the winter when my skin gets flaky I can use it to spot touch-up those dry spots on my face. I also have this in Lavender. I only have two minor gripes, it has almost no staying power on my lips (lasts a long time on skin) and it adds no color at all.

After reading quite a few beauty blogs, I ventured out to WalMart and Sally's Beauty Supply in hopes of finding a new lipstick. I am just tired of the rest of my face looking so well put together and then having nothing on my lips. It just looks like an unfinished canvas to me.

I am happy to announce I have *finally* found lipstick that I will actually wear and I just had to share!

Palladio Herbal Lipstick in Brownie

This stuff has some staying power and doesn't feel dry! I only had to reapply after eating. 


Its my go-to for occasions I want a colored lip for. Just enough color but not overpowering. Only downside is it tastes and smells like oily lipstick or something I can't quite figure it out. I now add this gloss on top of it...



Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Peach Petal

Very glossy, not thick or sticky, and moisturizing! Doesn't add much color when I wear it alone but on top of my Palladio lipstick, amazing.



Much better for everyday wear. I hate taking pictures of myself, by the way. Awkward...

My final favorite lip product:


Loreal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude

The perfect nude color for me. Just enough color to wear on days when I barely have any makeup on. It is very moisturizing, but it doesn't last very long as it is a balm so its not very thick. But I don't mind reapplying!

What makes these even better? I found all of these at drugstore prices. It makes it easier to try out new products when I'm not blowing money only to end up hating it.





No comments:

Post a Comment