Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Getting My Craftiness On!

Life sure is keeping me busy! It is totally my fault though, I want to do as much as possible each day. You know that feeling you get when you finish a project or complete a task? I am beginning to think I am addicted to that feeling, haha! 

I just completed another dress for Little Miss. It is my first dress with sleeves and I think I did a pretty dang good job. This was also my first project I've completed without my mom here to help me understand the patterns. One night we skyped just so she could help me figure out a step! Sewing has also made me realize something about my husband: He is way smarter than I give him credit for. I was confused about one of the pictures and I was almost frustrated to tears. He looks at the picture, reads the directions, and shows me what I need to do. My jaw literally hit the floor, I was astonished. So now I have been teasing him, they must be teaching the Nukes how to sew on the ship! That man never ceases to amaze me and I love it. 

 3/4 Sleeve Lightweight Flannel Dress with Yoke Neck


My next project: A fleece hat, scarf, and mittens for Little Miss!


I am hoping to find fleece with a super cute pattern in different shades of pink. That way it will match Little Misses winter coat which is a light pink. 

This sewing stuff really isn't that hard, trust me! I am getting lots of feedback and people are saying they wish they could sew. I was intimidated at first too, but once my mom walked me through my first dress it wasn't that bad. Yes, I still get confused and frustrated but alot of that is my own fault.Instead of walking away and coming back later with a fresh perspective or looking up help online I let myself get too flustered. There are plenty of tutorials online, especially videos that walk you through it! It is so rewarding to accomplish something you have always wanted to do. So go ahead and give it a try :)



No comments:

Post a Comment