Saturday, November 26, 2011

Yummy Muffins!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! This is the first year since I have been married that we did not have a house full of people. So we went dinner hopping and had amazing meals at our friends' houses. It was refreshing having someone else cook for us, but I was saddened when I realized there would be no leftovers at home for late-night munchies :(

I didn't go out and brave the crowds this year for Black Friday, I hid behind the safety of my laptop and picked up all my gifts online. However, I will be fighting with the masses for the sales on the day after Christmas! There are a few Christmas decorations that I would like to have and they are the cheapest after the holiday. We put up all the decorations inside our house, including our new tree (a day after Christmas purchase!). We had to make sure all the decorations were out of Little Misses' reach, we have quite a few decorations that have been passed down from family that we could never replace.

Hubs has duty today, so I am cooking up a storm in the kitchen. I have the perfect occasion for it too! Everyone likes muffins right? I found this recipe on the back of our giant container of oatmeal. While it does have alot of ingredients, it is very easy to make, and quick too! I have tweaked it a little bit to ensure the muffins were moist and extra cinnamon-y.


Oatmeal - Applesauce Muffins

1 c quick oats
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c cinnamon applesauce
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400. Grease or paper line 12 muffin cups. Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Combine applesauce, oil, egg, and vanilla in separate bowl. Add all at once to oat mixture, stirring just until moistened. Divide evenly among prepared muffin cups. Back 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean! Makes 12.











No comments:

Post a Comment