Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hot Mug Cake!

So while cooking is all sorts of fun, sometimes I just want to be lazy. Late last night (duty night of course) I was craving chocolate cake. I didn't want to make an entire cake so I searched online for an easier solution and then I found it: Mug cake. Apparently, this was a popular thing 3 years ago. Where was I and why didn't I get the memo? I came across this yummy recipe and amazing blog all at the same time.

I posted on facebook that I made a Mug Cake and received some requests for the recipe, so here it is (courtesy of Baking Bites!). Though I do need to let everyone know while the Mug Cake is delicious, a cake baked in the oven is still far better. But if you are just lazy and want cake, this is a viable option: 

Microwave Chocolate Cake for One:
4 tbsp cake flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (or hot chocolate mix!)
pinch salt
1 large egg
3 tbsp strong coffee (or milk, flavored creamer)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Sift together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt into a large coffee mug (or small bowl). Stir in egg, coffee, vegetable oil and vanilla, mixing until smooth. I added small chocolate chips as well! If you are mixing inside a coffee mug, be sure to scrape the corners well.
 
Microwave on high for about 3 minutes. Cake will puff up like a souffle and should appear to be “set” after 3 minutes. Cake will fall once removed from the microwave.
 
Serve in the mug, or turned out into a bowl, with a bit of ice cream or whipped cream.
Serves 1-2







No comments:

Post a Comment