Thursday, February 9, 2012

Craft To-Do List Complete! For Now...

I feel very productive after this super busy week! I managed to complete all of my craft projects:



This awesome pillow-lounger that a friend found on Pinterest! Little Miss loves it already. But this project reminded me that I am still very much a beginner when it comes to sewing and following directions. Even though I read the directions about 10 times, I still managed to mess up. This lounger is actually supposed to about 6 inches wider and a foot longer. I had to do some cutting and adding material and oh my goodness I thought I was never going to fix the damage I did. However, I learned a lot by screwing up. For one, I will NOT use a fabric as thick as this fuzzy fleece. While it is super soft, it was not easy sewing through all the seams. Plus the material shed and my house along with myself were covered in fuzz.

I made a quick Valentine's craft for Little Miss to give her friends that I found on Pinterest. We have been going to toddler first art classes and I had all these paintings from Little Miss. As much as I would love to frame every one of them, I just don't have the wall space. So I found these super cute butterfly Valentines and decided to make them out of the paintings!



I also made 3 baby blankets for an upcoming joint baby shower: a set of girl twins and another girl! I would show you the pics, but the shower isn't until later in the month and I don't want to spoil the surprise :)

Since I can't share the blankets with everyone, I have decided to do a giveaway for a baby blanket! I have the material ordered and should have it very soon. Make sure you keep an eye out for the giveaway, I am very excited about the patterns I found! Even if you don't have a baby, these blankets make great gifts. And as a milispouse, don't we all know someone having a baby?

Here is a sneak peak of the fabrics I chose: The whale print is on flannel and the stripes are on minky!







 

1 comment:

  1. Soooo...I will be entering for that baby blanket....because my cousin is expecting and her and hubby are stationed in Guam!!!!

    PS...do I get a Valentine from little miss...sooo ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete