Monday, September 3, 2012

Catching Up on Crafting!

On this Labor Day, I have been playing catch up on my crafting. The first project I am going to share is a bow holder I re-made for Little Miss. She already has one bow holder that was made by my good friend at La Petite Palace.


Isn't it cute? Check out her shop, she makes all sorts of cute stuff and its quality work.

Well as you can see it is overloaded with hairbows so I wanted to add another bow holder to the wall. I had a wooden monogram letter "K" I found at goodwill one day and have been looking for a creative way to use it. 

So I glued matching ribbon to the monogram letter, made a bow, tacked the smaller ribbon to the larger ribbon along its length, and voila!



Simple and easy! Of course it is not nearly as cute as the one my friend made, but its not bad for my first DIY bow holder. 



Not only did I make this bow holder today, I started on the DIY Ruffle Curtain for my master bedroom! I can't wait to share that post once the project is complete :)

I linked up on Mingle Monday over at Life of Meg today!




2 comments:

  1. That's a fun way to stay busy on Labor day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i am following the mingle monday blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete