Sunday, September 11, 2011

Just Another 9/11 Post


On this day of remembrance, I will say a prayer for the families that were forever changed. I will honor the men & women that have fought and continue fighting to protect our great nation. One day we will heal and this day will just be one in the history books, but I will never forget where I was when our country's innocence was taken away. I hope everyone hugs their loved ones a little tighter, appreciates what they have a little more, and spends a little more time with their families today.
I can hardly believe it has been 10 years already, although my life has changed drastically it still feels like a fresh wound. It is so hard to believe I was a 17 year old freshman in college and watching it all unfold on the TV while less than 100 miles away a man I hadn't met yet (but soon he would be a major part of my  life) was called to war. 
 Today, I spent time with my family. What did you do today to honor what happened 10 years ago? Did you spend all day watching the programs about 9/11 on TV? Did you watch the NFL games and the special way they commemorated this day? Or did you just try to get through this day like every other day of the week?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment