Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cruddy Day


Normally I try not to let myself get mad or upset about what happens to me in life. Everyone has their burden, what matters is how they carry it -totally stole that quote from someone! But today is one of those days where I had no choice but to let myself break down and cry. I think everyone is entitled to a bad day once in a while. Today was mine!  

From the moment I woke up today, I should have known it wasn't going to be a good one. Little Miss woke up twice this morning before she was ready. On top of that, I woke up with what I thought were sinus problems so I took some Zyrtec. I walk downstairs and there is about a 10 degree difference. The thermometer reads 65 downstairs. Ughh. I hate when its this cold in the house and its only going to get worse in here until they replace all the windows on Saturday. Then I get an email from my Hubs about his new work schedule: He has duty Christmas Day. I was desperately hoping he would have it off. I know, I know, he's in the military that is just how it goes. But he gets no Christmas leave whatsoever so I was secretly hoping he would at least get off Christmas Day. So on top of the bad start to my day, I am crushed by this news. So I call my mom to tell her the bad news and that phone call didn't go as planned. Little Miss is still cutting molars so today was another great day for teething. She was cranky AND she also has the runny poops from cutting teeth. Well she blew out a diaper and as I was cleaning her bottom up, she reached down and got her hand in it. Complete disaster. She enters meltdown mode as I am quickly wiping her off, she has a diaper rash from teething so she cries every time I wipe her bottom, and she's mad I keep telling her "NO" and moving her hand when she tries to touch her poopy bottom. Ughh. I decide she needs a bath and so do I. After getting her situated, I get in the shower. She screams the whole time in her pack 'n play. Ughh. Her cries are like nails on a chalkboard to me. Eventually she goes down for a nap and I start feeling like crap again so I take another Zyrtec. The Hubs calls me and says he wants to have dinner with me so I get Little Miss ready to go out into the freezing cold and we make our way to base during the beginning of rush hour. As I am sitting in traffic, a rock hits my windshield and sends this HUGE CRACK horizontally halfway through my windshield. Shit. I scream at the crack as it continues to grow. Right now it goes from the drivers line of sight all the way over to the passengers line of sight. Ughh. I realize my Zyrtec isn't working and I realize I don't have sinus issues...I have the Crud. Thanks Hubs. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Crud, it is a mutated super-virus that is bred aboard military ships and other closed quarters. I got it last winter when my Hubs was in prototype after being on the sub. Its immune to any and all medicine and when you treat one symptom, another one shows up. So I feel like I have lava dripping down my sinuses: in my nasal passages, down my throat, and behind my ears. My whole body aches. Ughh. I finally get to the ship and see the Hubs. This is the high point to my day. He always knows what to do to make me feel better or forget about whats bothering me. This is why we work out so well together. We are never upset about the same things. After dinner I head home in rush hour traffic again. Thank goodness for HOV lanes! I call my sister and that conversation didn't go as planned either. At this point I realize I shouldn't be on the phone with anyone else today. Ughh.

I bet you are wondering why the Hubs doesn't get any holiday leave. Short answer is because he took leave over Thanksgiving. The whole explanation: my Hubs father has been in and out of the hospital for a year now. The Hubs reported to the ship in January 2010 so of course he couldn't get time off immediately. But he's been trying all year to take leave so we can go visit him. With the workup schedule they would only allow him to take up to 3 days. 3 days is just not enough time. They told him to wait and he would get more time. So that is what he did. We waited. When they finally tell him he can take more than 3 days its Thanksgiving. Then they tell him if he takes leave for Thanksgiving he won't be allowed to take any Christmas leave. What choice do we have? His dad happened to go into the hospital again at the beginning of November. I didn't want to wait until Christmas and then have him go back into hospital or anything worse. So we chose to take leave over Thanksgiving and forgo Christmas leave. So I've known since November that my Hubs would not have Christmas leave, but is it asking too much for him to have off Christmas Day? I guess so.


Now I am hanging out at home with a very content Little Miss, I am eating lots of fruit (vitamin C!), and watching the best movie ever, The Princess Bride. 


Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!











2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is just sucky to the tenth power. I hope you feel better soon and don't worry, the teething stops eventaully. :) If I made it through, anyone can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really awesome posting and I praise for such useful sharing.

    Snoozer Mattress
    Snoozer Beds

    ReplyDelete