Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cry Baby

I am beyond excited I got my first phone call from Hubs since he deployed, its been almost 3 weeks since I've seen him. We email everyday, he is good at sending me an email every day. I believe its important for us to keep the lines of communication open. Even if he sends me an email with 2 sentences, that is enough for me. He took the time to wait in line for the computer and to send me a message. I haven't cried since he left. 

Normally I am a crier behind closed doors. One of my New Years resolutions is to be stronger emotionally. Unfortunately when women cry, it is seen as a sign of weakness. I have been good and have not cried not once since he left. No sad country song has even set me off. When I saw on my phone that the call was WITHHELD, I started crying because I knew it was him. It was the best phone call ever. We didn't talk about anything important but I could tell he was as emotional as I was. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Today I have been especially worried because of all the drama going on in Egypt. While I was at the gym, I was watching Fox News. I am becoming increasingly concerned but at the same time I realize there is nothing I can do about it. I hate feeling powerless. Anyways, I have been worrying about my husband more than usual. His phone call couldn't have come at a better time. Emails are great and all, but hearing his voice is just so real. It really made my day. But it also broke my dam of emotions so now I'm having to deal with that. Good thing a glass or two of petite syrah will fix that! 


I hope everyone had something unexpected and happy happen to them today!







3 comments:

  1. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first phone call I got from the husband after he deployed! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you got a phone call!

    ReplyDelete