- Philosophy Purity Made Simple. Once I found this one-step face wash, I knew I'd never use anything else on my face! I have very oily, acne-prone skin. Not the little zits, but the big massive cystic acne. Yucky. It has taken YEARS of prescriptions and over the counter meds to combat my acne. I have this face wash to thank. I am amazed at how well this stuff works because it is very gentle but still gets the job done PLUS it removes my makeup.
- Philosophy On A Clear Day. This is an oil-free all over acne treatment. Like all other Philosophy products I have used, this is very gentle on my skin. It has 0.5% salicylic acid but it doesn't burn when I put it on and doesn't dry out my skin very much. I use it twice a day, under my makeup and before bed time, and it keeps my skin clear.
- Proactiv Refining Mask or Philosophy On A Clear Day Acne Spot Treatment. When I do feel a zit coming on, I dab either of these on it before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning its not quite the catastrophe that it could have been! Both of these use sulfur as the active ingredient and I find when its combined with the salicylic acid it really helps prevent a huge breakout. Both are gentle on my skin and cause no burning!
- Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. Because I deal with cystic acne, I have alot of scarring to deal with. Lovely purple and red spots on my face. This stuff is a miracle worker! It is rather pricey but it is so worth it! Within 2 weeks I can see the scars fading. I used to never leave my house without makeup because the scarring was so bad it looked like I still had blemishes all over my face. After using this product religiously, I can walk out without makeup and I even get compliments on my skin!
- Clinique All About Eyes Serum. Under my eyes I tend to deal with alot of puffiness and dryness. I get this in the eye massage tube and it really brightens and de-puffs my under eye area.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. Best. Face. Lotion. Ever. Nothing even compares to this stuff! It is so lightweight, absorbs quickly, and works! With all the acne product I use I tend to get dry areas and this lotion fixes it without leaving behind that oily feeling. Its oil-free and won't cause breakouts either. You can even get it now with SPF.
- BareMinerals. Since I have super oily skin, wearing liquid foundation in the heat and humidity in summer is a huge mess. I was amazed at how well powders could cover my face just like a liquid but still be lightweight and not melt off. This is a must for people that deal with makeup sliding off their face! The foundation even has SPF 15.
- Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15. When I do wear a liquid foundation in the cooler months, this one does double duty. Along with being a light-medium coverage base, it also has the dark spot corrector product mixed in! So in the winter months that is one less product I have to use because they have combined it with the liquid foundation.
- Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion in Sin. I have used many different eye shadow primers to help my eyeshadow not get all creasy by the end of the day. This one actually works AND it adds a touch of color. Its a nice shiney nude color. You can get it in different colors or no color at all.
- Smashbox Cream Eye Liner in Midnight Brown. I apply this stuff with a smudger brush and its perfect every time! I don't have the most steady hand, but applying with the brush is effortless. A trick I use: I blow warm air on the liner before I dip the brush in it so it applies easier.
- Sephora Lash Plumper Mascara in Brown. I have tried all the ridiculously expensive mascaras out there, if my husband knew how much money I wasted on find the perfect volumizing mascara he would not be a happy camper! This stuff is $12 at Sephora and it works BETTER than the pricey brands. It not only makes my eyes look like I have lots of lashes, but it also lengthens.
- Smashbox Makeup Brushes. Since I use the powder makeup, a soft brush is a must! These are not cheap but OMGoodness do they feel amazing when applying makeup. I have the face/body brush for my powders and the smudger brush for my eye liner.
- Nivea Body Lotions. I wash my hands a million times a day and even though I have an oily face, my arms & legs get ashy. I use this stuff on my body after a shower and I have some by my sink when I wash my hands. Its lightweight, absorbs quickly, and doesn't feel greasy. Plus it works better than the heavier lotions that make my hands feel all gross.
- Colgate Total Toothpaste. I have used this stuff for years and I can brush in the morning and by lunchtime my breath still smells minty.
- Suave Clinical Protection Deodorant. You can buy the Secret brand, but this one works the same and costs much less. I can put this stuff on and it'll keep me sweat/stink free for 2 days!
- Nicole/OPI Nail Polish. Both are made by the same company, Nicole is just slightly cheaper. This polish endures the many hand washes I put my nails through and manages to last longer than the rest.
- Chi Flatiron. Love it, it works well and has taken a beating yet still works faithfully! While my hair is naturally board straight, I use this to tame the ends of my layers. It is a pricey investment but I've had mine for 5 years now with zero problems.
What I would like to add to this list: A good volumizing shampoo and conditioner that won't dry out my hair. I highlight my very fine hair and the problem I come across is either A) the product doesn't volumize, or B) it does volumize but it dries out my hair.
Also I would LOVE to find the perfect lipstick/gloss. I love the staying power of lipstick and how a gloss feels soft on my lips I just haven't found a product yet that combines those two well.