Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pinterest Review: White Chicken Enchiladas



I have been wanting to try out this recipe from the moment I came across it on Pinterest. Hubs agreed even though he isn't a fan of mexican food, he sure does love me :)

OMG. These. are. amazing. 

These enchiladas were very easy to make. I quickly cooked the chicken in my PChef DCB and whipped the sauce together while doing cooking the chicken. It took about an hour to prep, cook, and cool off. I am definitely working this one into my meal rotation!

White Chicken Enchiladas
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of sour cream
1 (4 oz.) can of chopped green chilis
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan.
  2. Mix chicken and 1 cup of cheese. Roll into tortillas and place in pan.
  3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium until thick and bubbly.
  4. Stir in sour cream and chilis. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream. 
  5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
  6. Bake 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
This recipe I found on Pinterest and over at Joyful Momma's Kitchen. There are quite a few of her recipes that look oh so delicious that I want to try out so check out her blog!

I did do a few minor things differently when I cooked my version of the enchiladas: Instead of 2 cups of chicken broth I just used 1 can, I used monterey jack and colby cheese so that is why my enchiladas look more yellow and I also used more cheese than called for, I used 2 cups with the chicken and topped with 2 cups. Mmm cheese...

Like I said earlier, these enchiladas were yummy. I am glad there was enough for leftovers so I can enjoy them all week!



No comments:

Post a Comment