I have been wanting to try out this recipe from the moment I came across it on Pinterest. Hubs agreed even though he isn't a fan of mexican food, he sure does love me :)
OMG. These. are. amazing.
These enchiladas were very easy to make. I quickly cooked the chicken in my PChef DCB and whipped the sauce together while doing cooking the chicken. It took about an hour to prep, cook, and cool off. I am definitely working this one into my meal rotation!
White Chicken Enchiladas
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of sour cream
1 (4 oz.) can of chopped green chilis
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup of cheese. Roll into tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilis. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
I did do a few minor things differently when I cooked my version of the enchiladas: Instead of 2 cups of chicken broth I just used 1 can, I used monterey jack and colby cheese so that is why my enchiladas look more yellow and I also used more cheese than called for, I used 2 cups with the chicken and topped with 2 cups. Mmm cheese...
Like I said earlier, these enchiladas were yummy. I am glad there was enough for leftovers so I can enjoy them all week!