Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Recipe: Baked French Toast

I apologize for the lack of blogginess going on this week, my mommy is in town! So we have been spending lots of mother/daughter/grandbaby time together. This week I made the BBQ Shrimp recipe that I absolutely love and of course we had french bread. We had quite a bit leftover so I decided to make Baked French Toast for breakfast!




1 cup light maple syrup
1 (16 oz) loaf French bread
2 eggs
2 egg whites
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Coat a 3-quart oblong baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the maple syrup into the dish. Slice the French bread into 2-inch slices, and place over the syrup.

In another bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, sugar, skim milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well blended. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, pressing the bread to soak up the liquid overnight, or leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.!

Preheat the oven to 350.

Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Makes 8 servings.

Per Serving: Calories 261, Protein (g) 9, Carbohydrate (g) 47, Fat (g) 3, Calories from Fat (%) 11, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 444, Diabetic Exchanges: 0.5 very lean meat, 2 starch, 1 other carbohydrate. 


I prepped this the night before, it was so easy. Then I just popped it in the oven in the morning and voila! easy breakfast. 

I totally love this cook book from Holly Clegg. My mom surprised me and bought the Gulf Coast Favorites edition, I can hardly wait to try out all the recipes!







No comments:

Post a Comment