Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Crafting Craziness & Raspberry Lemon Muffin Recipe


This is what I have been up to this morning: Raspberry Lemon Muffins! Did I mention they are only 148 Calories each? They turned out pretty good but I can't wait until I can get fresh raspberries at the farmer's market, then they will be amazing!


I have decided that since I like crafting so much, why not start selling what I make to earn some extra fun money? Nothing big, just something to do in my spare time. So I have started stockpiling bows, pacifier clips, wreaths, and baby blankets. 


As I am making all this stuff, I start thinking about how am I going to sell it all....Do I sell it on Etsy? Do I just sell it from my blog? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!


Okay, off to do more crafting and share the muffin recipe:


Raspberry Lemon Muffins

Makes 12-16 Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup skim milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp. lemon extract
1 egg
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (if frozen, no syrup)
1 tsp. grated lemon rind

Preheat the over to 425. Line a muffin pan with paper cups or coat with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder, mixing well. In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil, lemon extract, egg, and egg whites, blending well. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until the ingredients are moistened. Carefully fold in the raspberries and lemon rind. Fill the prepared pan three-quarters full with batter.

Bake 18-23 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.

From "The New Holly Clegg Trim and Terrific Cookbook"





No comments:

Post a Comment