Friday, April 27, 2012

Night Out with the Girls!


"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylum would be filled with mothers."

Since Little Miss is not old enough to attend school....see where I am going with this?

Being a mom comes with lots of conflicting emotions. Sometimes I feel so suffocated I just want my own space with peace and quiet for a few hours. Then when I get what I want, I instantly start missing Little Miss.

Lately, I have been getting that suffocated feeling. I honestly haven't had a moment to myself. Little Miss has been in the bed with me, taking showers with me, I haven't even been able to use the bathroom unattended! Usually she is not in the bed with me, but there have been a variety of reasons here lately that have caused her to end up in bed with me. Anyways, a girls night without the kids was just what I needed.

Before deployment started, a few of us wives bought tickets for all the concerts coming here as part of the Country Megaticket Tour. Last night was the first of six concerts, Sugarland! I saw them live last year at Bayou Country Superfest and they were AMAZING so I was very excited to see them again. They are so interactive with the audience and have lots of energy, plus they sound as good live as they do on the radio! They didn't disappoint last night either, they were just as awesome as they were last year.

I was able to tailgate before the concert with some of the girls and then we went inside the venue to scope out a spot on the lawn seating. We met some friends already on the lawn and set up right next to them. We all hung out during the opening acts, which were pretty blah actually. Two acts I have never heard of and the second one was not good at all. Anyways, while we are waiting for Sugarland to take the stage this woman comes up to the 6 of us and asks if any of us have a Twitter account. One of us did. Then the woman tells us, if you tweet the band then I will give your group these free tickets for the pit.

Huh? Can you say that again I don't think I heard you right. FREE tickets to the PIT, like close enough to touch the band? Shut up!

Yup, we got a free upgrade to the pit. So then all of a sudden we were shoulder to shoulder in front of the band. I have never been that close to a live performance before.

Yah, we were that close!

Best. Concert. Experience. Ever.




I think I can speak for all of us and say that we had a great time, we were dancing around with the other fans and teasing the poor guy in front of us that was as still as a statue...I think he had a good time too, eventually! I had so much fun, I feel like I was able to recharge my battery. It was a much needed time-out from being a mommy and a house-wife.

The next concert is with Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker, and Thompson Squared. Maybe we'll get lucky again and get free tickets to the pit, if not I am sure we will have a blast on the lawn!

To top it all off, I came home and the cleaning fairy had made a visit :)



 

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that is AMAZING!!! I've been dying to see Sugarland and you hit the cream of the crop! I miss the Country Megaticket. :( Wish they had that out here. I should be seeing Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney this summer though, for free, courtesy of the AF Reserve!

    ReplyDelete