Monday, April 16, 2012

How Do You Say "I Love You"?


With all the emails Hubs and I exchange during deployment, I find that saying "I Love You" gets rather monotonous. While I mean it with all of my heart every time I say it (or type it), I worry that the meaning gets lost when this phrase gets so casually tossed around in today's society.




To change things up, this deployment I am sending Hubs an love quote each day. I feel like at this point, none of my material is original anymore! Poets, authors, and songwriters do such a great job I decided to borrow their words. 

“The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” 

“I love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of the day that you’ll take me in your arms again.” 

“While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.”
“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever” 

“Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” 


Those are a few of my favorites, I believe they are all from Nicholas Sparks. What I have been doing is looking up quotes online and putting them in emails in my Drafts folder so I can simply send one of the each day.

I find it interesting how other people describe love and the things people do to express it. I think it is important to tell the person you love how you feel as often as possible, but also in many different ways. It kind of spices things up! I am also thinking about sending actual love letters to Hubs, I didn't do that last deployment so maybe something to new to surprise him.


What ways do you show someone you care if they are thousands of miles away? I want to hear your ideas!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment