Monday, January 10, 2011

Can it be next week already?

Today has been more stressful than I wished but all is well that ends well right? I want to thank my friends for sending prayers and well wishes out for my family today. My father-in-law is on the mend and they expect him to be released from the hospital in the next 2 days. He sure gave us a scare, especially this close to deployment. This was the last thing I wanted Hubs to be worried about this close to leaving. But alot can happen in 6 months. People will get married, new babies will be born, and unfortunately some people will pass on from this life. I don't even want to imagine what it will be like to no longer have my parents just a phone call away. After what happened today, I've decided I am going to start taking better care of myself. Its not like I am trashing my body or anything, I just don't want Little Miss or Hubs to have to live without me one moment longer than they have to. It is my responsibility to take care of my body so I can ensure I will be here for my family. Yes, I am typing this as I am scarfing down Domino's pizza. Yuck. 

I am really starting to consider getting a tattoo. I have the picture all drawn up, I need to shrink it because I don't want it as large as I have drawn it. I just don't know where I want it. Front of my hip or the back of it. I would prefer the front, but then I worry that if we decide to have another kid if the tattoo will get...you know...all stretched out. After I figure out where I want the tattoo all I have left is to figure out is who will be doing the tattoo. One step at a time.

Last week I was hesitating planning much for this week, both before and after the big D-day. Thanks to the lovely ladies from the Play Group, I have Friday morning and afternoon planned. I am hoping to get together with some other wives after the ship pulls away from the pier. Maybe a late breakfast or lunch who knows I just know what I am going to need. I am going to need to be around friends. Real friends, good people I don't have to worry about judging me while I'm going through this whirlwind of emotions. People who won't tell me on day 1, 2, or even day 3 that this is what I signed up for and I need to just get over it. People who will be there for me when I do finally break down. In turn, I will be there whenever they need my strength. We'll all share the loneliness and heartache together. Maybe that way it won't be as bad. It won't all be gloomy, but we have to get through the bad stuff to get to the good right?

But in all honesty, I just want my mom.


Project Gratitude Day 8:
I am grateful that someone up there was watching over my family today and everything is looking up.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment