Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Full of Happiness

Today has been an amazing day. I haven't felt this good in a really long time, well with preparing for deployment its as gloomy as preparing for a funeral. We had our first FRG meeting today since our sailors left and I left feeling filled with happiness! For me the FRG was the first group of people that really embraced me. Ever since it has been my goal to help out other women and tonight I felt like I paid it forward. It was great to see such a large turnout today too. Everyone was so interested to get every bit of information they could about what was going on with the ship and what activities we had planned. We were able to hear from the CO and I actually teared up for the first time since Hubs left. I was thinking, this man is on the ship with my husband, they are thousands of miles away but I felt so much closer to Hubs when the CO called. I was able to talk to so many wonderful women after the meeting and hear their stories. It is positive encounters like this that keep me going and I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. I am just so overfilled with joy right now. This deployment is starting to look easier to deal with every day.








No comments:

Post a Comment